The provisional calendar for the 2018 British Truck Racing Championship (BTRC) has been released, with 8 rounds scheduled again.
In addition to the 8 rounds, there will also be a passenger driving event at Lydden Hill, which was successful in 2017.
After a season of fierce competition, MAN driver Ryan Smith retained his Division 1 Championship title in 2017, while Finnish driver Mika Makkinen won the Division 2 title.
The provisional calendar is as follows:
• 1-2 April Brands Hatch (Kent)
• 21-22 April Pembrey (South Wales)
• 30 June-1 July Nürburgring (Germany)
• 7-8 July Thruxton (Hampshire)
• 21-22 July Donington (Midlands)
• 18-19 August Lydden Hill (passenger driving event)
• 1-2 September Snetterton (Norfolk)
• 13-14 October Pembrey (South Wales)
• 3-4 November Brands Hatch (Kent)
You will be able to follow the 2018 BTRC in Truck & Driver – online and in print. If you want to subscribe to Truck & Driver, click here
Picture: Jonathan Reeves
We hope you enjoyed this article! For more news, views and reviews on all aspects of the truck driver’s life subscribe today.