To celebrate the start of production of the new Actros, Mercedes-Benz Trucks has launched its ‘Edition 1’, a limited edition run of 400 vehicles worldwide, of which at least 35 will come to the UK.
In addition to the innovations that come as standard on the new Actros, launched earlier this month, including MirrorCams, the Edition 1 has seven packages geared towards the driver.
• Safety Package, with Active Brake Assist 5, driver’s airbag and Proximity Control Assist
• Driving Package with electric roller sun visor, leather steering wheel and more
• Comfort Package with Night & Day ambience lighting, shaving mirror, refrigerator
• Media Package with sound system, notebook bracket, and an extra 12V socket
• Stowage Package including table, shelving system, drawer under the instrument panel
• Sight Package, which includes bi-xenon headlamps and LED tail lamps
• Extra Line with LED position lamps, LED indicators and welcome light.
In addition, the Edition 1 logo is visible in the sun visor and below the model plate. The sun visor also includes four additional LED main-beam headlamps, while there’s an exclusive paint finish on the front panels.
The illuminated Mercedes-Benz star has a black surround and there are six additions to the grille trim, while the headlamp surround is also darkened. Likewise, the MirrorCam arms are finished in chrome. On tractor units, there are also stainless steel wheel nut caps on each axle.
Drivers access the cab via the stainless steel steps. While inside are leather door handles with contrasting topstitching, a leather steering wheel, and the cockpit trimmed with black leather. There are also exclusive floor mats and an Edition 1 plaque on the passenger-side dash in polished and brushed aluminium.
The roof hatch has ambient lighting in eight colours. Driver comfort is also enhanced with a 900mm-wide bed, which comes with a duvet cover.
We hope you enjoyed this article! For more news, views and reviews on all aspects of the truck driver’s life subscribe today.